This soup is perfect for cold, sick days or as a low calorie soup option. Full of healthy vegetables and all the wonderful health benefits of broth in one delicious soup. Easy to whip up and who doesn’t love a good slow cooker recipe?!
Beef Bone Broth Ingredients
- 3 lbs pounds beef bones
- 1 medium carrot, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into quarters
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 6 chadon beni leaves
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Garlic infused coconut oil (you can sub with Canola or Coconut oil)
- 8 cups beef bone broth
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin rounds
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 large zucchini, cut into thin rounds
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups pak choi , roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic infused coconut oil (you can sub with Canola or Coconut oil)
- 3 chadon beni leaves, finely minced
- 3 sprigs of thyme, finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Beef Bone Broth Directions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place beef bones, carrot, onion, and garlic on baking sheet, toss with garlic infused coconut oil and roast for 45 mins stirring the pan every 15 mins.
- Place roasted bones and vegetables into a slower cooker along with celery, bay leaves, thyme, chadon beni and apple cider vinegar cover the ingredients with water 8-12 cups and allow to slow cook on high for 6 hours and another 6-10 hours on low.
- After cooking for 12- 16 hours drain broth and allow to cool and then skim the fat off the surface.
Vegetable Beef Bone Broth Soup Directions
- In a large soup pot on med- high heat, add coconut oil and sauté onions, garlic, celery, carrots and chili flakes for 5-6 mins.
- Add the remain ingredients except pak choi and allow to simmer for 15 mins. Add pak choi and allow soup to simmer for a further 5 mins. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust accordingly, serve hot.