This sweet and spicy jam is everything! Really rich, deep flavour and tastes good on a variety of foods. I make a new jar every few weeks because I really throw it in so many different dishes!
- 8 chillis (I removed seeds, you can leave for more heat if you want)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 cup Chadon Beni, loosely packed chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Onion, loosely packed chopped
- 2 Tbsp Ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Chilli Oil (You can sub for canola, coconut or any other chili oil)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- chop 3/4 of chillis, onion, chadon beni, green onion, ginger and garlic in food processor, when minced, add the remaining of these ingredients and chop for small pieces (this helps to have a chunky jam, you can process all at once for a smoother jam)
- Heat oil in pan to medium heat and add process mixture, cook until caremelized (about 8 minutes).
- Add vinegar and brown sugar and stir to combine, for about 5 minutes (jam will start thickening and will get thicker on cooling)
- Store in fridge for 2-3 weeks (coconut oil will make it solidify, so scoop into hot foods, pan or melt in microwave!
Uses – Mix equal parts soy sauce and jam and toss hot potstickers, wantons or drumplings! On sandwiches for a spicy sweet condiment, I love it over fried fish. Use it to cook vegetables or a marinade (great on braised meat!)