This meal is so delicious and rich without a huge amount of calories! This recipe makes 4 servings at 275 calories each so you can add lots of fresh salad or a fruit and its the perfect meal prep! We love making exciting meal preps because why not? Lots of spices and taste so you won’t get bored!
[ingredients title=”Indian carrot cauliflower rice ingredients”]
- 20 oz (567g) cauliflower rice (143 cals)
- 2 oz (56.6g) red onion (22 cals)
- 2 oz (56.6g) shredded carrot (24 cals)
- 2 tsp veg oil (80 cals)
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper (6 cals)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (16 cals)
- 1 tsp ground cumin (8 cals)
- 1 tsp garam masala (8 cals)
- 1 tsp coriander powder (6 cals)
- ½ tsp red chili powder (4 cals)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (8 cals)
- 3 tsp chopped green chili pepper (5 cals)
[ingredients title=” Butter tofu with veggies ingredients”]
- 0.4 oz garlic (20 cals)
- 0.2 oz ginger (5 cals)
- 4 tbsp tomato paste (60 cals)
- 0.5 oz yellow onion (17 cals)
- 2 oz heavy whipping cream (200 cals)
- 0.4 oz unsalted butter (81 cals)
- ½ tsp veg oil (20 cals)
- 1 oz dried fenugreek leaves (13 cals)
- 8 oz extra firm tofu (240 cals)
- 8 oz sweet pepper (46 cals)
- 5 oz broccoli (48 cals)
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper (3 cals)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (4 cals)
- ½ tsp ground cumin (4 cals)
- ½ tsp garam masala (4 cals)
- ½ tsp coriander powder (3cals)
- ¼ tsp red chili powder (2 cals)
- Chop cauliflower into to small pieces and place in a food processor and pulse until a rice like consistency is reached.
- In a pot on med – high heat add oil. Add mustard seeds to hot oil and cook until they begin to crackle. Add green chilies, bay leaves, cumin and onions. Saute for 2 – 3 mins.
To the sauteed onions add carrots along with turmeric, garam masala, coriander, red chili powder and curry leaves. Cook for a further 2 mins.
- Add cauliflower rice, black pepper and salt and cook for another 10 mins until cauliflower is softened. Add fresh chopped coriander and serve.
[directions title=” Butter tofu with veggies directions”]
- To make the butter sauce, in a pot add oil and butter on a med – high heat. To this add onions, garlic and ginger. Saute for 2 mins.
- Add turmeric, garam masala, coriander, red chili powder and cumin, along with tomato paste and 1/2 a cup of water.
- Turn down the heat to med – low and allow to simmer for 5 – 7 mins covered.
- While the sauce is simmering prepare tofu. Slice tofu into bite size cubes and season with salt, black pepper along with tumeric powder, garam masala, coriander, red chilli powder and cumin. Place tofu on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 400°F for 30 mins, flipping the cubes every 10mins.
- Stir the sauce and allow to cook covered for a further 5 mins or until the oil begins to separate. At this point add heavy cream and fenugreek leaves. Stir and allow to simmer for another 5 mins.
- Chop sweet pepper in to cubes and broccoli into bite size florets. Heat a frying pan and saute sweet pepper until soften. Add a splash of water to the pan along with broccoli florets and cover to steam the broccoli for 3 mins.
- Add baked tofu and sauteed veggies to the butter sauce and sprinkle with some fresh coriander.