These bars feel so decadent and delicious they do NOT feel like a healthy treat. Grains, oats and no added sugar, they feel like a cross between a Chewy bar and a Larabar. They are vegan and customizable, you can add any dry fruits or nuts you want!
- 2/3 cup oats
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup dates, no seeds and chopped
- 2 Tbsp margarine
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp nut butter
- 1 Tbsp melted semisweet chocolate (optional)
- Heat pan on stove until smoking hot, pour 1 Tbsp on quinoa and cover. quinoa will start popping, move pan constantly to avoid burning and remove from heat when popping stops. Repeat for all the quinoa.
- Cook oats over heat of dry pan or oven until golden brown.
- Stir dry ingredients together until distributed evenly.
- On med heat melt butter and add dates and water, stir until dates have melted then add nut butter and stir until combined.
- Pour date mixture into dry until evenly distributed. The dough should be able to hold its shape (add more nut butter if dry, or more oats if too wet)
- Press into container and let cool, refrigerate to set.
- optional – melt chocolate and drizzle over bars