This is the perfect holiday snack! Put a bowl of these out and they are guaranteed to disappear! You can make a little but you should probably make a lot because in my experience, its a favourite!
It lasts weeks so make a whole pot for the entire season. You can mix and match your nuts to whatever you like, this is just my preferred ratio of nuts. Just make sure it adds up to 3 cups of nuts.
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup cocoa nibs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/8th tsp clove powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger (fresh or powder)
- 1/3 cup grated coconut
- Mix sugars and spices
- Beat egg white until frothy
- Pour nuts and nibs into slow cooker that is sprayed with cooking spray
- Pour egg white and stir until nuts are coated
- Sprinkle sugar mix and stir until evenly coated
- Cook on low for 3 hours, stirring every half hour
- At 2 and a half hours stir in 1 Tbsp of water and coconut flakes
- Spread on cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes at 350F or until dry.