This simple sugar cookie recipe is perfect for cutouts and great for any occasion. It freezes well and holds really delicate shapes!
- 3/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight) (can be frozen for up to 2 months!!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven until edges are golden. Cool completely.