A dish to brighten up a rainy day! These plantain cups filled with avocado salsa and grilled shrimp will definitely add some colour to your plate!
- 2 Plantains
- 1/2 Avocado
- 2 med. tomatoes
- 1/2 of an Onion, Finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Sweet pepper, finely chopped
- Chilli powder
- Smoked paprika
- Finely chopped cilantro or chadon beni
- 1 tsp Red wine vinegar
- Juice of half a Lime
- Black pepper
- Slice plantain into one inch rounds and pan fry each side.
- Press each cooled round into a mini muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes and 350F
Season shrimp with salt, black pepper, cumin, chili, paprika and finely chopped green seasoning. Grill.
To make salsa, mix avocado, tomato, chadon beni, onion, sweet pepper and garlic and mix.
add the juice of half a lime, a teaspoon of red wine vinegar
Add salt and black pepper to taste.
Fill each cup with salsa and shrimp and that’s it!
A simple side dish or snack! Tastes great without the shrimp too!