This cake is so fragrant, delicious and beautiful its going to be a new favourite in your house! The thyme glaze complements the citrus perfectly!
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 tsp fine thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease your pan
- In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, mix orange zest, sour cream, orange juice and vanilla
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated
- On low speed mix in half of the flour mixture, followed by the sour cream mixture
- Beat in the remaining flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Fold in dried cranberries
- Pour the mixture into the pan and spread evenly
- Bake for 45 minutes and leave to cool on a wire rack
- To make the glaze, simmer the orange juice with thyme leaves for 10 minutes, let cool
- Whisk together icing sugar, orange juice and thyme until the desired consistency is met. Then drizzle glaze over cooled cake!