- 1lb rotini pasta
- 1 small butternut squash
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small chili pepper, finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic, roasted
- 1 tsp all purpose seasoning powder
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F, cut squash in half scoop out seeds and wrap in foil and roast in oven until soft (approx.1 hour). Toss in 3 cloves of unpeeled garlic and roast for about 40 mins.
- In the meantime, boil pasta according to directions. To a large pan add 1 tbsp butter and saute onions until translucent along with the chili and set aside.
Remove squash from oven and scoop out the flesh into a blender along with, roasted garlic, sauteed onions + chili, cream cheese, remaining butter, mustard and chicken stock. Blend until smooth.
- Add sauce into a large pan on med heat and add cheese and stir until fully incorporated. Add salt, black pepper and paprika. Use the remaining chicken stock to thin out the sauce until it reaches your desired consistency. Serve hot garnished with parsley and bacon bits.