One of my favourites! Takes a little effort but it is so healthy and a great way to use up your vegetables! It’s pretty much a version of Ratatouille and comes in at 550 calories for the entire dish
The easiest way to do this is with a mandoline but you can slice. Or even just make it on the stove with cubes!
- 200g/1 eggplant (50 cals)
120g/1 zucchini (25)
100g/3 med tomatos (30)
1 large sweet pepper (33)
1/2 a medium onion (30)
1/2 cup Spinach (10)
1 cup of tomato sauce (75)
3 Tbsp sour cream (90)
1 Tbsp olive oil (120)
2 Tbsp garlic (24)
3 Tbsp parmesan (66)
1 Tbsp each Rosemary, basil and oregano (~15)
- Slice vegetables thinly and arrange in ordered stacks.
- Spread tomato sauce on bottom of dish and spread sour cream.
- Sprinkle half of herbs then arrange stacks on top.
- When your dish is full drizzle olive oil, garlic, Parmesan and reserved herbs.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 45 minutes in preheated oven at 375F (or until sauce bubbles to top and veggies are tender)
- Serve hot (good with pasta, on bread, alone and better the next day)