My favourite citrus! Of course it has to be one that has a short season. I am buying them in huge amounts and using them in everything! This jam has that distinctive taste and SO delicious on savoury food especially!
- about 10 tangelos
- 1 cup sugar
- small piece of cheese cloth
- Supreme your tangelos, cut the top and bottom off and then slice off all the rind and pith by cutting down around the fruit so the flesh shows
- Segment your tangelo making sure to set aside your seeds. I do this over the pot to catch all the juice (and mess!) Use a wide pot so that your fruit pulp doesn’t rise too high up and can heat evenly
- Tie some seeds (about half should be fine, need it for extra pectin!) in cheesecloth and add to pot
- Add sugar, heat on high to boil. Stir regularly and wait until it reaches about 220F
- If you plan on canning you can do that, otherwise you can simply cool, place in jar, store in fridge and use within 3-4 weeks.
Thanks for the recipe! My tree is loaded and need to do something with them.
Can you tell me how much this recipe will make?