These bars feel so decadent and delicious they do NOT feel like a healthy treat. Grains, oats and no added sugar, they feel like a cross between a Chewy bar and a Larabar. They are vegan and customizable, you can add any dry fruits or nuts you want!
- 2/3 cup oats
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup dates, no seeds and chopped
- 2 Tbsp margarine
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp nut butter
- 1 Tbsp melted semisweet chocolate (optional)
- Heat pan on stove until smoking hot, pour 1 Tbsp on quinoa and cover. quinoa will start popping, move pan constantly to avoid burning and remove from heat when popping stops. Repeat for all the quinoa.
- Cook oats over heat of dry pan or oven until golden brown.
- Stir dry ingredients together until distributed evenly.
- On med heat melt butter and add dates and water, stir until dates have melted then add nut butter and stir until combined.
- Pour date mixture into dry until evenly distributed. The dough should be able to hold its shape (add more nut butter if dry, or more oats if too wet)
- Press into container and let cool, refrigerate to set.
- optional – melt chocolate and drizzle over bars
Omg this sounds amazing I’m always looking for healthy snacks that are diary free and this one is vegan so even better. Just wish it had nutrition facts with it but I can just bunch in the recipe and get that for myself. I’d definitely be trying this !
awesome! We only recently started doing the calories so will try to update all out recipes soon. hope you like it!!