Probably one of the best cakes I’ve ever made! I used the classic, tried and true 1-2-3-4 recipe for this light and delicious cake! But my little trick is to substitute the 1c of milk for a cup of citrus juice! I mixed orange and lemon.
- 1c of frozen mixed berries
- Juice of 1 lime
- Granulated sugar to taste
- 1/2c mascarpone
- 1c whipped cream
- Icing sugar to taste
- For the filling between cake layers cook mixed berries, juice of 1 lime and granulated sugar on stove until soft and mash berries lightly
- For the creamy and unique frosting, whip cream, mascarpone, vanilla and icing sugar to taste!
- Assemble layers with berry filling
- cover cake with your mascarpone frosting
- Top with fresh fruits and berries of your choice
. Easy to make but really impressive.