A delicious tart cake that is perfect for any occasion!!
Ingredients for cake
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 3 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 6 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring the lemon juice and dried cranberries to a boil. Remove from heat and cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter and flour a bundt pan.
- In a separate bowl whisk or sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl rub the lemon zest into the sugar.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture (in three additions) alternating with the sour cream (in two additions), starting and ending with the flour. Stir in the drained cranberries.
- Pour batter into bundt pan and bake for approximately 60 – 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack. After about 15 minutes loosen sides of pan with an offset spatula or knife and invert onto a wire rack. Cool the cake completely before frosting.
- Glaze: In a bowl, combine the confectioners sugar with the lemon juice. It should be thick but still pourable. Pour the frosting over the top of the cake, allowing it to drip down the sides.