These are how I make really simple granola. One of my favourite combinations is lemon and cardamom but you can really have fun and add any mix-ins or flavours you’d like! This was made to complement lemon curd and yogurt in a parfait but you can do ANYTHING once you keep the ratios of dry:wet similar
- Stir oats, cardamom, sugar and almonds in bowl
- Pour in syrup and oil and mix into oats
- Spread onto parchment lined baking tray and cook for 30 minutes at 325F, stirring every 10 mins or so, oats should be golden brown.
- Stir in zest into hot granola and let cool
I love basic yogurt and granola parfaits, but when I have time I love making it exciting! here are some options including how I made this one!
- Lemon curd (here!)
- any fruit curd!
- meringue (also here!)
- chia pudding
- rice pudding
- sweetened sweet potato puree (seriously!) or pumpkin!
- a trail mix cookie crumbled instead of granola
This parfait was granola, yogurt mixed with meringue, fresh strawberries, lemon curd and plain meringue on top!