I love pancakes, but they always feel like an indulgence. So they are always for special occasions in my house! I always try to do something fun and this is the result of my last pancake experiment!
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup allpurpose flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup juice of oranges and lemons
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp mixed or vanilla essence
- 2 Tbsps butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- Blueberries (optional)
- Mix cup of milk with juice of 1 lemon to make buttermilk
- Whisk dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl, beat together the wet ingredients and poppy seeds
- Fold the wet into the dry ingredients, don’t overstir!
- Cook pan or griddle on medium heat
- Add extras like blueberries or chocolate chips at this point!
- Serve hot with Maple syrup