I always say I LOVE roasting vegetables, especially when you don’t know what to do with it lol. It brings out a sweetness that is so versatile. Finding fennel gave me that usual “what should I cook?” predicament. It’s not often available in Trinidad so this was a rare treat. I decided to keep it simple and not cover it up too much with other flavours. Now what shall I do with those leftover fennel fronds? Let me know in the comments how you eat fennel and any frond recipes!
- Fennel Bulb, sliced (73 cals)
- 1/4 cup chickpeas (182)
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced length ways (25)
- 3/4 cup sweet pepper, large slices (30)
- 4 leaves Kale, roughly shredded (15)
- 1.5 Tbsp Olive Oil (180)
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced (15)
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar (14)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped Chadon Beni (or cilantro)
- Salt and Blackpepper to taste
- Parmesan shavings (35) (optional)
540-580 Total Calories
- Mix oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar and salt and black pepper.
- Rub fennel, carrot, chickpeas and sweet pepper with oil mix according to amount of each. I added the chadon beni to the chickpeas alone.
- Place each separately on baking sheet and bake at 375F until cooked and tender (10 mins for carrots, about 20 for fennel and sweet pepper and 15 for chickpeas)
- Mix kale and roasted vegetables and add Parmesan shavings.